Friday, November 11, 2011

Blue and Orange




I tried 2 different looks tonight just for fun. I wanted to try out my new Sugarpill stuff and see how it faired in actual use.

Blue!

I started both looks by putting some powder foundation around my eyes. I have oily eyelids so I need the powder to absorb the oil and keep my eye shadow from becoming blotchy. 





Then I brushed a bright blue by MAC all over my lid and under my lower lashes. I would tell you the exact color but I don't know the name and I do know they don't sell it anymore *sadface*. It's basically a bright, cerulean matte blue.





Next I brushed my new Sugarpill Royal Sugar over it. This created a bright, sparkly blue. I did it in little dabs because there was a lot of fallout. That's not surprising since it is a loose shadow.





Then I added some black Star Powder by Make Up For Ever. I carefully placed it into the crease of my eyelid and around the outer corner of my eye. Once I felt it was dark enough I got the excess out of my brush and blended the blue and black together a little bit.







Next I used the lighter blue from Sugarpill called Starling in the inner corner of my eye and on my brow bone. I used it to blend out the outer edges of the darker blue to make a softer look.





To finish the look I added some black mascara and used a black pencil eyeliner on the inner edge of my lower lid and a up to my lash line on my upper lid.

And ta-da!!


What I used







Orange!

I started by lining my eye with Sugarpill's Flamepoint.  I made a cat eye by starting at the lower edge of my eye and lifting the line towards the end of my eyebrow. Then I filled in towards my upper lid.






Next I went over that with orange Star Powder by Make Up For Ever. This made the orange pop and sparkle.






Finally I added black eyeliner to my inner lower lid and black mascara.





What I used



Soon I plan on doing a post about the basics. I have a lot of tricks I use under my makeup to make it all work. With the basics you can always look great.

1 comment:

Please be courteous. Rude/mean comments are unnecessary.